Brassard captures 1000m title to lead Tigers at NAIA Indoor NationalsSunday, March 5 2017 - NAIA Indoor National Championships - Jeremy Brassard
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – Jeremy Brassard (SO/Strafford, N.H.) captured his first career National Championship with a spectacular finish in the 1000m finals on Saturday, March 4 at the NAIA Indoor National Championships. The Tigers went on to finish an impressive 13th in a strong 63 team field.
Brassard ran a flawless final, crossing the finish line in 2:26.18, breaking the school record set in 2015 by Marshall Hawn. Grant Judson finished his final indoor career with an All-American performance in the shot put, throwing 16.24m (53' 3.50"). Both the 4x400m relay and the DMR also picked up All-American honors.
- Grant Judson (SR/Swanton, Ohio) – shot put, eighth place (16.24m/53' 3.50")#
- Bryce Vollrath (FR/Peoria, Ill.) – shot put, 12th place (15.38m/50' 5.50")
- Jeremy Brassard – 1000m run, first place (2:26.19)*#
- Distance Medley Relay – Tyler Gabriele (JR/Wheaton, Ill.), Matt Oliva (JR/Addison, Ill.), Matt Meehan (SO/Marshfield, Mass.), Jeremy Brassard – seventh place (10:27.18)#
- 4x400m Relay – Steven Linton (FR/Dewitt, Mich.), Alvin Best (SR/Portage, Ind.), Alex Hunt (SR/Eureka, Ill.), Brady Williams (SO/Defiance, Ohio) – fourth place (3:15.99)*#
*school record #NAIA All-American
Indiana Tech went on to capture the team title with 117 points. Concordia University (Neb.) finished second with 57 followed by Southern-New Orleans (La.) with 39, St. Ambrose University (Iowa) with 36 and Doane University (Iowa) with 335. The Tigers finished with 18 points.