Bradley places in long jump; Davis, Beezhold, Brassard advance to finals at NAIA Indoor NationalsSaturday, March 4 2017 - NAIA Indoor National Championships
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – Kylie Bradley (SR/Portland, Tenn.) became the first NAIA All-American of the 2017 NAIA Indoor National Championship for the Olivet Nazarene University track and field team. On day two of competition, the Tigers also advanced two runners to the finals.
Bradley recorded a 5.63m (18' 5.75") mark in the long jump to finish in seventh place, earning her first career All-American honor.
On the track, Alexa Beezhold (JR/St. John, Ind.) posted the second best time in the 800m run preliminaries to advance the finals, finishing in 2:14.60. Jeremy Brassard (SO/Strafford, N.H.) also qualified for the finals of the 1000m run, posting a time of 2:3.16 to hold the fourth best time.
Day two results:
- Kylie Bradley – long jump, 7th place (5.63m/18' 5.75")#
- Erin Farley (JR/Rockford, Ill.) – long jump, 21st place (5.23m/17' 2")
- Kylie Davis (SO/Eureka, Ill.) – weight throw, ninth place (17.01m/55' 9.75")
- Carlie Vannatta (JR/Zionsville, Ind.) – weight throw, 11th place (16.90m/55' 5.50")
- Andrew Franklin (SO/Mahomet, Ill.) – weight throw, 19th place (16.44m/53' 11.25")
- Bryce Vollrath (FR/Peoria, Ill.) – weight throw, 21st place (16.19m/53' 1.50")
- Alexa Beezhold – 800m run, 2nd place (2:14.60) – semifinals
- Karley Divan (SR/Lee's Summit, Mo.) – 800m run, 10th place (2:18.81) – semifinals
- Jeremy Brassard – 1000m run, fourth place (2:30.16) – semifinals
- Matt Meehan (SO/Marshfield, Mass.) – 1000m run, 12th place (2:35.94) – semifinals
Competition concludes on Saturday, March 4 with the Tigers competing in the shot put, high jump and the finals of the 800m run, 1000m run, 4x400m relay and the distance medley relay.