Two relays advance to finals for Tigers on opening day of NAIA NationalsFriday, March 3 2017 - NAIA Indoor National Championships
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – With day one of competition complete, the Olivet Nazarene University track and field teams have two relays team advance to the finals of the NAIA Indoor Track and Field National Championships.
The 4x400m relay team of Steven Linton (FR/Dewitt, Mich.), Alvin Best (SR/Portage, Ind.), Alex Hunt (SR/Eureka, Ill.) and Brady Williams (SO/Defiance, Ohio) recorded a season best 3:17.23 to advance with the fourth best time out of the preliminaries. Finals will be Saturday afternoon, the final event of the meet.
Tyler Gabriele (JR/Wheaton, Ill.), Matt Oliva (JR/Addison, Ill.), Matt Meehan (SO/Marshfield, Mass.) and Jeremy Brassard (SO/Strafford, N.H.) put together a strong run in the distance medley relay, finishing seventh out of the preliminaries to advance to the finals. Finals are scheduled for Saturday late afternoon.
Thursday complete results:
- Sarah Ray – 5000m run, 16th place (18:04.57)
- Elizabeth Soper – 5000m run, 18th place (18:13.24)
- Men's 4x400m relay – Linton, Best, Hunt, Williams – 4th place (3:17.23)
- Women's 4x400m relay – disqualified
- Men's Distance Medley Relay – Gabriele, Oliva, Meehan, Brassard – 7th place (10:12.99)
Competition continues on Friday, March 3 with weight throw starting at 3 p.m. (ET). On the track semifinals of 800m run and 1000m run begin at 3:45 p.m. (ET).