Tigers head to Tennessee for NAIA Indoor National ChampionshipWednesday, March 1 2017 - NAIA Indoor National Championships
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. – This is the week that the Olivet Nazarene University indoor track and field teams have been training for…the NAIA Indoor Track and Field National Championship. The Championship, hosted by Eastern Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tenue runs from March 2-4. The Tigers will send 15 athletes, with several competing in multiple events and relays, with eight entering ranked in the top-10 in the country.
Jeremy Brassard (SO/Strafford, N.H.) enters the championship with the top time in the NAIA in the 1000m, having recorded a time of 2:27.09 at the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference Indoor Championships last week. His efforts earned him NAIA Track Athlete of the Week honors. Carlie Vannatta (JR/Zionsville, Ind.) picked up the final indoor NAIA Field Athlete of the Week honors that same time, taking the weight throw title with what ended up being the second best mark in the country. She recorded a 18.11m (59' 5") mark.
Also on the track, Karley Divan (SR/Lee's Summit, Mo.) and Alexa Beezhold (JR/St. John, Ind.) enter the weekend ranked 7th and 9th, respectively in the 800m run. Divan broke the Perry Center Field House record at the CCAC Championship, crossing the finish line in 2:16.19. Beezhold enters with a time of 2:17.17. Matt Meehan (SO/Marshfield, Mass.) also had a great final regular season meet, finishing the 1000m run in 2:30.51 which is currently the 9th best in the NAIA.
In the field, Kylie Davis (SO/Eureka, Ill.) enters shot up with the fifth best mark in the country, having recorded a 14.20m (46' 7.25") mark earlier at the Chicagolands Championship earlier this season. Freshman Bryce Vollrath (FR/Peoria, Ill.) brings the 7th best mark to the shot put, having thrown 16.23m (53' 3") at the ONU Invitational. Anne Brown (JR/New Sharon, Iowa) cleared 1.67m (5' 5.75") in the high jump to enter the weekend ranked 10th.
Tigers to watch (with entry time/marks, current NAIA Ranking):
- Karley Divan – 800m run (2:16.19), 7th
- Alexa Beezhold – 800m run (2:17.17), 9th
- Jeremy Brassard – 1000m run (2:27.09), 1st
- Matt Meehan – 1000m run (2:30.51), 9th
- Sarah Ray (SR/Warsaw, Ind.) – 5000m run (18:05.83), 15th
- Elizabeth Soper (SR/Grand Rapids, Mich.) – 5000m run (18:08.58), 20th
- Men's 4x400m relay (3:22.63), 19th
- Women's 4x400m relay (4:02.99), 17th
- Men's distance medley relay (10:18.73), 11th
- Anne Brown – high jump (1.67m/5' 5.75"), 10th
- Kylie Bradley (SR/Portland, Tenn.) – long jump (5.52m/18' 1.5"), 14th
- Erin Farley (JR/Rockford, Ill.) – long jump (5.42m/17' 9.5"), 26th
- Bryce Vollrath – shot put (16.23m/53' 3"), 7th
- Grant Judson (SR/Swanton, Ohio) – shot put (15.50m/50' 10.25"), 16th
- Kylie Davis – shot put (14.20m/46' 7.25"), 5th
- Lea Bock (SO/Salem, Ohio) – shot put (13.17m/43' 2.5"), 25th
- Bryce Vollrath – weight throw (16.70m/54' 9.5"), 24th
- Andrew Franklin (SO/Mahomet, Ill.) – weight throw (16.37m/53' 8.5"), 29th
- Carlie Vannatta – weight throw (18.11m/59' 5"), 2nd
- Kylie Davis – weight throw (16.50m/54' 1.75"), 15th
Complete NAIA Indoor Championship information can be found here, including meet schedule, live stats and live video options.